Latest Chelsea transfer news: Kai Havertz exit hint, Declan Rice and Jadon Sancho updates

Spread the love

Chelsea have been perhaps the busiest side in terms of incomings so far in the summer transfer window.

The signing of Hakim Ziyech was confirmed in January, and will join the Blues next season, with Timo Werner also joining Frank Lampard’s squad.

There’s also a few players who could be set to leave Stamford Bridge this summer, as Lampard looks to mark his authority in the first-team squad.

Here are the best Chelsea-related transfer rumours from today.

Dortmund’s Sancho confidence

Former Borussia Dortmund captain Sebastian Kehl believes Jadon Sancho will stay with the Bundesliga giants next season.

Sancho has been linked with a move to Chelsea this summer, but Kehl, who now works within the license department at the club, thinks he’ll remain at Dortmund.

Kehl said to Sport Buzzer: “It is true that Jadon has a long-term contract. It is also true that there are no specific inquiries for him at the moment and that we all do not know how the transfer market will change amid the pandemic.

“We expect Jadon to play at BVB next season and we would all be happy about the quality he gives our team and the difference he makes.”

Chelsea confident over Rice deal

Chelsea are ‘growing confident’ they can sign West Ham United and England midfielder Declan Rice in the summer, according to The Sun.

Rice has been heavily linked with a move away from the London Stadium at the end of the season, with the Blues and Manchester United looking like potential destinations.

Lampard sees Rice as a centre-back and would be keen to shift him from his holding midfield position in the future.

Chelsea believe they can secure a £45m deal for the Hammers star, but David Moyes’ side believe he is worth a fee closer to £70million.

Leverkusen boss drops Havertz hint

Bayer Leverkusen head coach Peter Bosz has admitted reported Chelsea target Kai Havertz could leave the club this summer.

Havertz has been linked with a move to the Blues, with Real Madrid and Manchester United also supposedly keen on the 21-year-old.

Leverkusen play their final match of the season at home to Mainz on Saturday, and it could be the German’s last game for the Bundesliga side.

Bosz said: “I certainly don’t have the impression that this will be his last game for the club. He is still under contract with us and I have to assume that he will be with us next season too.

“That will include the German Cup final next month and the next Europa League game against Rangers in August. Of course, that’s all dependent on nothing happening before then.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *